Friday, May 17, 2013







Introducing, my efforts in experimental baking. One of my favorite instagrammers (yoga_girl) posted about a raw, healthy cheese cake. She mentioned some of the ingredients and steps to make it. Well cheesecake always sounds awesome, so I figured I would give it a go using whatever I had. This resulted in what I refer to as 'raw cocamochanut pie'.

Now, it looked splendid-- definitely an A+ on presentation-- but I'm afraid I got a bit carried away with the filling. With a banana base, I added coconut, almond extract, a vanilla bean, almonds....and chocolate coffee? Too many flavors...which unfortunately did not work in my favor. 

BUT, on the other hand, the crust was awesome; dates, figs, and a mixture of nuts and oats in the food processor. Seriously, I cannot wait to make my own granola bars  with this method. Mmmm granola bars.

With some tweaking, this recipe could result in an awesome vegan ice cream cake. Fingers crossed.