Monday, July 1, 2013

Paradise































Good day to you fellow blog enthusiasts!

It has been a very busy time here at me casa. Traveling threw my schedule a bit off track and I am just now getting settled in. Through all the hustle and bustle, I have found myself working on a new project! I've been diligently brainstorming on a potential business plan. I am EXTREMELY excited for the direction its all going. Also on the brain is my fashion class this fall that requires students to design a line. Being the biggest addition to my portfolio thus far, I want my line to be well thought out, cohesive, and fantastically executed. There has been LOTS of sketching. Lots of mood boards. Lots of color swatches.

Anyway, as a pre-graduation gift (one more semester!), my mother took me on a cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and Barbados. I will be the first to say that this was an extraordinarily generous gift and I feel so lucky to find myself traveling to such exotic locations. Thanks mom! She and I vacation every year, usually to Florida, where we spend the days reading seaside and cooking dinner at home. This year our vacation was more of a grand adventure. Rather than relaxing by the ocean, we chose to snorkel with sea turtles, kayak in the ocean, and hike on the islands. The cruise ship kept us on a busy schedule as well; every dinner was a 4 course meal and every evening had live entertainment. Needless to say, I was thoroughly indulged. The Caribbean was everything I hoped for; white sands, crystal clear water, and a man selling coconuts on the beach.