Wednesday, October 16, 2013



Hello friends!

It has been a very exciting week!!

First off, I finally finished my first ensemble for studio, pictured above (please note, scarf purchased at Urban Outfitters).

The satisfaction of seeing the finished product-after weeks of work and seemingly endless set backs-is overwhelming. Yes, the serger ate part of the top, and the sloper was sized incorrectly, and one sleeve was bigger than the arm hole, and the iron burnt a hole in the skirt lining. But she is finished! And completely functional! And I am so happy!

Mess ups are a completely normal and an alarmingly frustrating part of apparel design. There are constant circumstances in which you must, in the words of Tim Gunn, make it work. Working on a deadline with limited supplies means getting creative with fixing mistakes,while ensuring proper aesthetic and fit. Of all the things I am learning at school, patience seems to be the most crucial.

Other accomplishments of the week?
I checked my own oil and the blog has now surpassed 1,000 views. BOOM.