Wednesday, October 2, 2013





School: 127,009,385. Ellie: 4.

These are the current ratings of the semester. Why?

1) I need to secure an internship for the spring or I can't graduate. ("But Ellie, haven't you already done two fashion internships, a costume shop practicum, AND an art therapy practicum??" Oh, readers, how kind of you to remember. YES in fact I did! But due to petty technicalities, I need to complete another internship for 'credit'.)The process of finding fashion positions of any kind in the midwest is an exhausting feat. I feel like I have exhausted all of my options. Luckily, I have an interview (at an incredibly cool company) in two weeks. What free time I can find has been spent attempting to perfect my portfolio. Fingers crossed. 

2)Studio, aka, the make your own stuff class; My line has continuously grown and transformed since the beginning of the design process. This is helping me to produce better pieces-yet its taking 3X the time. Surprisingly enough, professors don't dig late work. Not to mention I am trying to get all of my looks completed three weeks ahead of schedule so I cant put them in the fashion show. Lord help me.

3)I present to you the fashion show coordinator!I am LOVING this position. I love planning. I love scheduling. But needless to say, a lot of work is involved. 

This semester is VERY busy and VERY stressful and I am doing everything I can to not pull out all of my hair and eat packages upon packages of oreos.

Alright- I'm done ranting- Moving on

This is phase one in my color forecast, analyzing the current color trends. I used three of my favorite companies to pull color swatches and identified reoccurring color themes for this fall. Really, I just love the way all of the colors fade in and out. Enjoy!