Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer, per usual, is blowing past me in a whirlwind of sunshine and swimming pools. Today I glanced through my calender only to realize that the clock is ticking and my summer of little obligation is coming to an end. If I had to name the theme of this summer I think I would go with "Simple Pleasures". I have found contentment in the smallest of things, as life should be I imagine.

Cooper and I seem to have become breakfast obsessed. Lately, the first meal of the day is also the largest. Breakfast with Cooper always always includes eggs and bacon but we have also experimented with pancakes (cough, fantastic whole wheat blueberry walnut pancakes, cough), English muffins, etc. We cook it together and casually graze on the back porch. Breakfast is accompanied by espresso and felines. This routine has become a habit I will sorely miss once summer has left us.

Any kind of outdoor adventure can be categorized as "rompin around". On the day of the breakfast pictured here, we romped solidly through Elephant Rocks. Elephant Rocks, a state park in Missouri, might as well be a playground created by Mother Nature. Huge boulders. Excellent for climbing. While merrily romping, we accidentally shot a Redbull ad. I'm insistent that the advertisement would be a hit and I like to think Redbull will buy it from me. At a modest price, of course.